Customers can choose from a variety of road bikes provided by various companies. Vilano is regarded as the greatest manufacturer of high-quality road bikes among the main brands. The Vilano R2 Commuter Aluminum Road Bike is ideal for riders who are on a budget and want a great bike for commuting to work, exercise or just having fun. Read our full analysis of the Vilano R2 Commuter road bike to have a better understanding of all of its features.
Vilano R2 Commuter Review
- Weighs: 27 pounds
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum
- Brake: Alloy Caliper
- Speed: 21 Speed
- Tires: 700c x 25c
- Wheels: CNC Machined Double-Walled Wheelset
What To Look Before Buy This Bike?
When it comes to buying a bike, the features are the most significant. This page will assist you in providing all of the necessary information regarding this hybrid bike’s characteristics.
- Frame: The frame is made from aluminum. It’s noted for its strength and lightweigh. The overall sturdiness of this bike is provided by its tubular aluminum frame with drop bar arrangement, which is vital when it comes to shock absorption features. Even when compared to some of the most expensive bikes on the market, its tight 6061 double-butted aluminum frame feels like a paradise to cruise around the city. It comes in three sizes: small, medium, and large, measuring 50cm, 54cm, and 58cm, respectively.
- Handlebars : The bike comes with drop handlebars. The handlebars on this bike are 46cm wide with a 25.4mm o/d mount. The handlebars are foam type so they are quite comfortable.
- Saddle: This bike offers a flat saddle so it allows you to move about more freely and gives comfort. If you are taller than 6 feet, you will have a problem. If you elevate the saddle height for your legs, you’ll have a low handlebar, which means you’ll be carrying your upper body weight on your wrists and shoulders.
- Wheels and tires : The bike’s CNC machined double-walled wheelset promises a pleasant riding experience. However, some customers have complained that the wheels aren’t as sturdy as they should be for a Vilano bike.
The Vilano R2’s 700c by 25c wheels provide excellent road grip, and their thin shape makes them suitable for road use.
Despite this, the wheelset benefits from the presence of a well-functioning Quick Release Skewer. Overall, both the tires and the wheelset perform admirably.
- Brakes and Gears : The alloy caliper brakes on the Vilano R2 are among the best in the category. Even in rainy weather, these brakes are dependable and will bring your bike to a complete stop on a dime. Whether you’re riding in a race or on a prolonged rally, you can expect the same level of performance from these brakes. The fast braking power of this bike makes it perfect for use on city streets.
The brake levers feel relatively balanced and will works naturally without any hastle. You may need to make adjustments in the brake lever height to obtain the right fit, depending on your requirements.
- Suspension Fork: The fork is made from aluminum so it is lightweigh. In very rough terrain, it improves the rider’s control. This makes cycling more enjoyable while also reducing the impact pressure on these vital components, which helps to prevent tire damage. This suspension fork is beneficial for mountain bikers since they make challenging routes seem more comfortable and safer.
Weighs and Quality
Since this bike is made from aluminum, it is very lightweigh. It is only 27lb but still, it is quite sturdy. You’ll have so much fun riding this bike mainly because of its weigh balance.
In comparison to its price range, the quality of this bike is exceptional. The bike comes with all of the necessary components.
There isn’t much else to say about its performance on its own. Its tires will provide you with the necessary speed to go around town. Components are self-explanatory! The performance of the bike was generally well-received by all consumers.
Its slender frame is both supportive and strong, making it long-lasting. This bike is durable and low-maintenance. It is capable of navigating rough routes without harming itself. This bike is also unaffected by the weather!
This is by far the simplest bike to put together. It comes with an easy-to-understand handbook. Because the majority of the pieces are already built, the assembly procedure takes less than 30 minutes.
This bike is exceptionally light and comfortable to ride, even on prolonged rides of more than three hours. Some customers complained about the seat which can be replaced easily if you don’t feel comfortable as well.
This bike is below 500 dollars which is a great deal. Most of the customers are satisfied with the price and its performance.
What I Like:
- Easy to assemble
- Once you start gearing, it has a terrific acceleration. It has a fantastic look that makes people want to buy it.
- Easy Upgrade
What I Don’t Like:
- Does not have a kickstand
- Breaks are not good quality
- Uncomfortable seat
Who is This Bike Good for?
This bike is perfect for starters who want to start bike riding as their passion or career or for fun. People who have a high budget but want some cool features can get this bike. This bike is good for commuting, group riding, doing chores, etc.
In general, the Vilano R2 is a good-value road bike. If you have the time, it would be an excellent choice for your everyday commute.