Cycling is wonderful be it for a hobby or other purposes. Bikes are very convenient to travel with especially during huge traffic. When you are going to buy and choose a bicycle, you will have a personal preference. But there are some features that all cyclists want in their bike which is a high-quality bike that is safe, convenient, and good-looking.
If you are a cyclist who is looking for a road bike at a reasonable price then you are at the right place! This article is going to give you a detailed review about one of the best bikes for both men and women below $900, the Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike.
This high-end bike is ideal for nice relaxing rides around the community, traveling to and from the work, and for running errands around the city.
Schwinn Phocus 1600 Review
- Weighs: 31 pounds
- Frame: Aluminum
- Brake: Promax Alloy Caliper
- Speed: 16 Speed with Shifter
- Tires: 700c
- Size: 56 cm
What To Look Before Buy This Bike?
While buying a bike you need to look for its features and qualities. Here are some important properties you should know about Schwinn Phocus 1600.
- Frame: A cycle frame is the foundation of any bike. The frame should have optimum mobility and bike control in addition to being the main center that keeps other bicycle components together.
The Schwinn Phocus 1600 drop bar road bike has a 22-inch or 16-inch aluminum frame that provides maximum power and manipulation without increasing any weight. Using aluminum as a frame helps the rider to travel quickly and smoothly. The bike frame is stiff thus it enhances the stability and speed of the bike mainly while climbing.
- Handlebars: The Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike comes with a set of sturdy and convenient drop-bar handlebars that will give you complete control over your bike. For instance, these handlebars allow this bike to pass through tiny traffic spaces which makes it a better commuter bike in the industry.
In addition, handlebars have a greater aerodynamic benefit than flat bars, leading to a quicker and more comfortable ride.
These handlebars can allow you to exert more pressure when you pedal. They also offer a better grip in contrast to flat handlebars.
- Saddle: This bike offers a comfortable and soft spring saddle. The seat is very comfortable and adjustable. Additional foam filling in the saddle ensures optimum comfort, particularly when biking on uneven ground.
- Wheels and tires: The overall performance of a bicycle is heavily influenced by the wheels and tires. The manufacturers of Schwinn Phocus 1600 designed high-quality wheels and tires so that the bike can withstand imperfection road.
This road bike comes with a set of sturdy 700c bike tires, which are about 28 inches in diameter. For smooth and efficient cycling, the tires have less resistance for rolling and more rollover capability. They also have excellent air pressure which allows them to absorb bumps on the road. This bike offers a pair of wheels made from alloy double-wall rims along with spokes which provide additional durability without increasing the weight.
- Brakes and gears: A micro shift 16-speed gear system is used by this bike that provides enough speed. A shifter brake lever is built into the speed gear system and is situated in the center of the handlebar. This lever gives complete control over the bike by allowing it to change its gears without removing hands from the brakes. The bike also has Shimano Claris derailleurs in the front and back, which provide smooth and accurate gear changes when riding.
- Suspension Fork: This offers additional stability and comfort. This suspension fork is produced from Long-lasting carbon fiber material. If an accident occurs it will not bend permanently because of this carbon fiber since it is flexible and lightweight. It absorbs any vibration or pressure created by the bumps on the road.
Weights and quality:
This bike is 31 pounds approximately. Thus, it is very lightweight that offers all these excellent features. The parts of the bike are made of high-quality materials. This makes sure that the bike gives long-term service. But few customers said that the brake pads of the bike are a bit plasticky.
The bike’s performance is outstanding according to its price. All parts of the bike are perfectly designed offering comfort and stability. The bike’s seat is adjustable and you can also adjust the saddle for your preferable height. An individual can change the gears smoothly as well.
This bike is produced with high levels of durability. The Schwinn Phocus 1600 is produced using aluminum. But while repairing it becomes a challenge and its brakes are not that powerful. These are two drawbacks that the bike faces.
This bike comes pre-assembled. It takes very little time to install the other parts. A detailed instruction manual is provided to help the owner do the rest of the work.
The manufacturers of this bake made sure to provide comfort as much as possible. The owner can adjust the saddle and the seat according to him or her. This bike is flexible so riding it is very smooth and comfortable.
The Schwinn Phocus 1600 costs under 900 along with all the stated features. This makes the bike very reasonable.
What I Like:
- Made of aluminum so lightweight and durable
- Offers limited lifetime warranty
- Drop-bar handlebars are efficient and comfortable
- Provides a faster and smoother ride
What I Don’t Like:
- Brake pads are plasticky
- Bike tires don’t perform smoothly on uneven roads
The Schwinn company is well known to the bike industry. It is reputed among bikers for its performance and features. The Schwinn Phocus 1600 is one of the famous bikes for its affordability and performance. Its features are noteworthy for a cyclist.