In 1900 William Coffin Coleman founded Coleman company. Who provides American outdoor lovers with quality outdoor recreational products? This long history of camping gear now comes to a refined Camping Tent built to answer the questions of recreation and nature.
Questions like “Can we have a fun outdoor trip?” or “Is there enough shelter for the whole family?” With increased living space and a newer, more innovative setup. Coleman now brings us The Coleman Montana 8 Camping Tent.
Features at a glance:
More Related Camping Tents Review:
Check out the full Coleman Montana 8 tent review to get all your answers.
Coleman Montana 8 Tent Review
Though user reviews show that the Coleman Montana 8 is mainly designed for quick setup, it tends to be a little more challenging to set up than other models of tents. However, it is a larger tent than others-as mentioned below under ‘size.’ Its size and door awning may add to the setup time.
It is recommended that one starts the setup with an extra pair of hands at least 45-60 minutes before sundown to ensure adequate sunlight for setting up.
Unlike many other tents, this tent may be flimsy and cumbersome, especially after being made wet by rain.
The Coleman Montana 8 includes a hinged door complete with a window for half the door size. One may attribute this ease of access to the framework of the door.
The tent has been described as “huge” by many consumers, but more technically, the floor space is 16 ft. x 7 ft. (4.88 m x 2.13 m). Architecturally speaking, this would comfortably fit 6 to 7 average-sized adults.
According to the Coleman website, it has also been measured to fit three queen-sized airbeds. This tent’s height is also 1.88m, above average human height, and comfortable standing space for as long as one is not over 6 feet tall.
Half the door is a window, and there are two windows on either side of the tent. They are set high, likely to release warm air that rises.
However, the idea of adequate ventilation in more humid climates or during times of higher metabolic action with 7 or 8 people, luggage, and no wind speed is questionable. With this in mind, campers will want to ensure that this tent is set up to capitalize on wind direction. This tent may not be as bad in good weather as the roof is equipped with a meshed skylight. Even if it were to rain, the innovative windows are angled to let in the air but not water.
If eight people occupied this tent, there would be little compartmental space (on the floor). The only intentional storage that comes with the tent is two small bags hung on opposite sides of the tent. Coleman Montana 8 tent could prove inconvenient for all those who would occupy the middle spaces of the tent.
Important Features of Coleman Montana 8 Tent
- WeatherTec System Guarantees you to keep dry.
- A patented hinged door gives you easy in and out.
- The electrical port allows you to bring power inside the tent.
- Cabin-like design with specially-angled windows keeps the rain out, even when they’re open.
- Door awning, protection from rain and the sun.
- WeatherTec System, patented welded floors, and inverted seams keep water out.
- For weather protection, you will get Rainfly.
- A Mesh roof will give you enough sunlight.
- Insta-Clip pole attachments stand up to winds.
- In a 16 ft. x 7 ft. tent, eight people can easily fit
- The tent is 6 ft. 2 in. height, to stand and move
- You will get a 1-year of the limited warranty
PROS & CONS
- A loop at the interior apex helps you to hang lanterns.
- This tent is electrically compatible.
- Design is similar to a cabin.
- A sturdy hinged door is available with an awning.
- Unique windows angled helps to keep rainwater out.
- This tent uses special technology to resist moisture infiltration.
- Rainfly and meshed sunroof
- Built with Insta-Clip™ pole attachments that form structurally sound rigid joints
- The 16 ft. x 7 ft. fits 6 to 8 people or three queen airbeds.
- It’s 6 ft. 2 in. height of the room helps to stand and move freely.
- There is a lack of storage for the compartment.
- Only two sacks on either side.
- Ventilation could be better.
- To set up this tent, you need more than one person.
If anyone is looking for a comfortable camping trip for a family of six or seven in a cool place with good weather, this tent would be the best choice.
It is affordable, durable, easy to set up, spacious, and modernized with water-resistant technology. Coleman Montana 8 is also ideal for a spontaneous night out in the woods or a casual hiking vacation with the family.
You may want to observe some amount of caution as to where they set up this tent in other climate regions as it could get hot. Otherwise, you can choose Coleman Montana 8 without any doubt.