Are you looking for a great-performing mountain bike within your budget? Discover the best mountain bikes under 500 dollars that meet your needs.
Nothing compares to the pure pleasure brought by riding a bicycle. People say that we can’t buy happiness, but buying a bike is happiness. In this world, where many people choose the bike as their delight, selecting the best mountain bike is a huge obstacle to attaining glee.
More Mountain Bikes Buying Guides:
So many bike manufacturers make consumers wonder which has the best mountain bike. Furthermore, if you’ve wanted to have a mountain bike that will perform well and last without wasting any time, here are the lists of the best mountain bike under 500.
Best Mountain Bikes Under 500
1. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive 29er Complete READY RIDE Hardtail Mountain Bike
Features at a Glance:
- Durable T6 6061 aluminum frame for sturdiness and lightweight
- 27.5-inch standard wheels for easy rolling
- For secured impending, there are liner-disc brakes
- Shimano 7-speed derailleur for steadfast shifting
- Suspension fork for rough and hilly tracks eliminating fright of bumps
- Tektro-Alloy Linear for powerful brakes
- Steady SRAM shifters for high speed
Suppose you are an adventurous person who wants to travel up to the rough tracks. In that case, this Diamondback Sorrento bike is the best option. Sorrento’s mountain bike has classifications making this bike one of the top mountain bikes under 500. Many people have immense admiration for this bike’s innovative design, advanced features, and affordable price.
It also comes with different frame sizes—16-inch small, 18 inches small/medium, 20-inch medium, and 22-inch large frames.
What makes this Diamondback bicycle Sorrento hardtail mountain bike superb? Read the following lists.
- Simple to assemble
- Affordable price
- Frame comes in different sizes
- Water bottle mount
- Entry-level components
- MTB Pedals, Resin, and DB Men’s ATB
- Kickstand not available
- The pedal is not that excellent
2. Merax Finiss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mg Alloy Wheel Mountain Bike
Features at a Glance:
- It has a heat-treated aluminum 6061 frame
- Lightweight fabulous magnesium alloy wheels
- Shimano EF51 21 speed shifters
- Front and rear mechanical disc brakes are provided
- Has aluminum 9/16″ pedals
- The seat post is aluminum with pressed clam
- An aluminum handlebar is available
- Front & Rear derailleur: Shimano FD-TZ30 & Shimano RD-TZ50
Sometimes, life gets lonesome, and all you want to do is just to have peace of mind. The freedom that you want comes under 500. Believe it or not, MeraxFiniss 26″ can provide you independence. This bike can be your best buddy on the trail and in different landscapes.
Merax has different trendy magnesium wheels, making it a true showstopper compared to the bikes. The magnesium wheels and its specification are very impressive, making it most suggested.
- Less burden because it is lightweight
- Affordable with its impressive features
- Almost ready to use upon purchase
- Comfortable seat and handlebar
- Dual disc brakes for easy break
- The advantage for tall riders
- There are some braking issues
- Some parts are plastic and look cheap
3. Nashbar AT1 29er Mountain Bike
As a bike enthusiast, the specifications and the key features of a bicycle are critical. But, the price of the bike is another thing to consider. Nevertheless, worry no more because this Nashbar AT1 29er Mountain Bike has great deals for you.
The frame up to the big gear and brakes are amazing. This bike is perfect for beginners as it allows you to make upgrades on the bike when the time comes for your skills to improve. The Nashbar mountain bike features work together efficiently, making your ride pleasurable, safe, and professional.
- Very excellent at rough trails
- Larger wheels for great momentum
- Comfortable seat
- Each part of the bike is upgradable
- Has quality Shimano components
- Stronger frame
- Price is affordable
- Heavier because of steel construction
- Manual lacks assembly instructions
4. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive ST Hardtail Mountain Bike
Features at a Glance:
- Aluminum hardtail frame ideal for mountain climbing
- SR Suntour XCT fork with the suspension travel
- Shimano TX50 and Shimano Acera for F. and R. Derailleur
- Shimano Altus EF-51 8spd for the Shifter giving 24-speed options
- The wheel diameter is 27.5, offering quick handling
- Tektro Aires disc brakes
Who wouldn’t like a regular ride? All bikers dream of having a safe and sturdy ride. And that’s the promise of Diamondback Overdrive ST Hardtail Mountain Bike. If you are also concerned with balancing, the components of this bike will give you an impressive result.
The features of the bike are unique with innovations. Diamondback Overdrive is the amazing MTB under 500 with its single and advanced design for beginners. It also has different frame sizes—small (16″), medium (18″), large (20″) and X-large (22′).
- Terrain ride perfectly
- It has a beautiful Geometry
- Diamondback has a lower price
- Excellent tires
- Features intended for beginners
- Durable design
- The fork of the Diamondback is a time requiring to adjust
- The bike frame is weighty, usually for beginners
5. Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men’s Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
Looking for a sporty or a sturdy build bike? Or, are you a man looking for a perfect mountain biking adventure? Then, no need for you to look further as Schwinn Protocol 1.0 has something excellent to offer to you. This bike is right on the main roads and off-roads.
For only under the 300 budget, you will feel the spirit of an athletic ride. Schwinn Protocol 1.0 had frames adjustable for diverse landscapes. The features of the Schwinn Mountain bike swear a spectacular power trip.
- Easy to assemble, less maintenance
- Flawless shifting
- Reactive brakes
- Shifting speed is made all easy
- Attractive design
- The seat is not that comfortable
- No area for water bottle
6. Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Women’s Lux Hard Tail Complete Mountain Bike
If looking at our list, we already have two products of Diamondback. And we have another one, the Diamondback Lux, perfect for women. It just shows that Diamondback is one of the cheap MTB you can get under 500.
Furthermore, looking Diamondback Lux gives an ideal place for female cycling enthusiasts to enjoy a worry-free ride. Its lightweight and simple design make it an ideal mountain bike for ladies. The frame is entirely fit for women to go up and down the hill comfortably.
So, for women cycling enthusiasts that are afraid to take a ride because they are frightened about the wrong idea that bikes are for men only, this is your chance to experience such an incredible adventure.
- Durable aluminum frame
- Best for beginners
- It has a wheel developed traction
- Has 24-gear for faster speed and effectiveness
- Stiff mountain bike
- No rear suspension fork available
- LUX spare parts have limited replacing parts
7. Schwinn S29 Men’s 29″ Wheel Full Suspension Mountain Bike
It is another Schwinn product that has already gained a reputation in the market. The Schwinn S29 Men’s Mountain Bike has some exciting features to boast. This bike is great for a man looking for a spectacular adventure. It solves the dilemma in traction and balancing. Schwinn’s S29 mountain bike has a reliable and durable frame. Along with it, it also has wide wheels for easy moving on trails. So, if you love trails, this is a perfect choice.
- Hydraulic disc brakes ensure an enhanced speed control
- 21 speeds for a better riding experience on the ground
- Zero chains reducing in shifting gears
- Higher profile
- Has full suspension giving more comfort
- Alloy wheels very suited for tall guys
- The bike is large and does not fit shorter people
- Changing breaks is hard
8. Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike
With so many mountain bikes out in the market, it’s very confusing which among them the best is. But, one factor to consider if you are looking for a cheap mountain bike is you must think about your health. Regardless of the design and its key features, how sure are you that it will take care of your health?
Gravity FSX 1.0 Mountain Bike guarantees you that it will satisfy your needs, take care of your health, and make you more fit. The specifications of this bike considerably showcase the high components of the bike, starting from the wheels, frame, gear shifter, and pedals. No doubt that this bike belongs on the list of the greatest bike under 500.
- Adjustable paddle for taller bikers
- Stopping power is excellent due to high-quality disk brakes
- Twofold suspension forks
- Pre-assembled upon purchase
- Low-quality saddle
- The smaller seat is not ideal for bigger people
9. Camp Alloy 26″ Folding Bike 21 Speed Dual Suspension Mountain Bike Rocky
Have you heard about how awesome folding bikes are? No hassle anymore because you can take your bike with you anytime and anywhere you want. This Camp Alloy folding bike is foldable in just 10 seconds. You can store this easily even in your car or house, giving you more storage for other things.
You can just fold this bike and hop on a bus, train, and car without any hassle and continue your excellent adventure.
This bike is perfect for use on mountain trails, ground, parks, or highways. Camp Alloy Folding is one of the best folding mountain bikes under 500 bucks. It provides a tour expansion to bikers, unlike regular bikes.
Convenience is the name game of Camp Alloy’s 26″ folding bike. Let’s look down at its superb features and advantages.
- Lightweight bike
- Easy storage and transportation
- Easy installment of the parts as it is 90% assembled upon purchase
- Many color options are available
- Adjustable kickstand
- Very convenient to use
- Have smaller wheels giving smaller scope on the road
- There’s a tendency to be stiff
Things to Consider Before Buying Mountain Bike Under 500
Choosing your best mountain bike is nothing different than selecting your friends. When you are considering a friend, you have standards to look for. Your bike would be your best friend, too, when the time comes. So, what features should you look for to make your relationship lasts?
Don’t go looking for an expensive one as there are so many mountain bikes on the market with a lower price under 500. Even it doesn’t cost that much, and it has so many unique features and advanced settings to offer. All you need to do is look for your perfect fit and taste.
The efficiency of the Brakes
This is the most important thing you need to consider as a beginner. A responsive brake will give you a secure and safe ride. You will more enjoy your ride if you have the best break in town.
The speed of your bike depends on its Shifter. It would be best to look for the best Shifter for more fun and far adventure. There are rapid-fire Shifter and grip-fit Shifter available.
The bike can’t move without tires, which is the basic necessity of the bike. And it should be a good fit and works efficiently fine.
Read reviews of Certain Bike Manufacturers
Before doing any action, it is best if you are armed with knowledge and facts. Review the information you can see and decide if that suits your taste.
But, before looking at the qualities of the bike, you should ask yourself first what kind of riding you want. Suppose it is downhill or trail. Consider too your height, weight, and capacity.
Riding a bike is such a great journey. It’s one of the best scenarios in your life where the air touches your face, the mountain engages you to build more courage, and your bike gives you more memorable journeys. Picking your mountain bike is a difficult job. But, when you know how to pick your best friend, it is automatic that you can also choose the perfect mountain bike for you. So, when time gets boring or fine, you can keep moving using a bike.